It’s time to introduce our next fabulous Class of 2019 Spokesmodel! This week’s spotlight… Delaney, is from Asheboro High School and I truly can’t wait to share more about this sweet gal with you…
If you’ve followed me for even just a little bit, Delaney might look a bit familiar to you! I initially met her at the Miss North Carolina Outstanding Teen Work Weekend Headshot Event as well. We clicked instantly! By October she had done her “Forever Miss Randolph County’s Outstanding Teen 2017″ Session with us (see that again HERE & HERE) and we became friends for life. The second she expressed interest in being one of my FGSM’s, I knew that we had to find a way to make it happen… if she wanted to join us, we would never be complete without her! We are ‘rule followers’ and like to do the right thing, properly & up front… so as you read in the previous spotlight, I jumped through the hoops & compromises to be able to have this happen appropriately. Seeing how Delaney has embraced the ‘experience’ of this program and how she has bonded and interacted with my other girls, a very key piece at the heart of my program – well beyond the photographs themselves… it was happily worth it! Thank you again to all that worked with us, supported us & approved our requests!
While I already knew Delaney, to a degree that I knew she was someone I would want to join us… she still completed her application to this program with the serious care and dedication (and has continued to show this every step of the way to date). She described herself as fun, encouraging and passionate, with her laugh & smile being the first things that people notice about her… yep, agreed!! Her fabulousness shines by being herself, not being ashamed of who she is or what she believes in. This voice & confidence is something she wants to show young girls today through her actions and our images. Her style is super hip & fun, pushing who she is through the clothes she wears without changing who she is. Being a pageant gal now, of course she loves to get glammed up but then also has her Chucks, checkered Vans & Steve Madden sneaks to keep things balanced out.
When asked what Delaney’s hobbies & interests are, she had such a great answer that I’ve gotta straight up quote it: “This question is one I tend to loathe and here is why, I love everything that there is to do with everything. I find passion in pretty much everything I do. Even if I do not like the activity I am doing, some one else does and that is why I try my best to find one thing I like about it. If you do not love what you are doing and the outcome in which it comes out, then why do it. Life is too short to spend it doing something you do not like, find a way to like it or move on. So in a sense, I have a large interest and hobby in everything I do!” I mean REALLY?! What an incredible perspective! Delaney does play varsity soccer (she’s the goalie); was recently nominated PRESIDENT of her upcoming Senior Class!; plays the alto saxophone & guitar; participates in youth group & YoungLife; dances, including competition; and recently created her own club where she takes teenagers out into the community to work with other youth there to better themselves and better the community! Oh yeah… and she’s also Miss Greensboro’s Outstanding Teen 2018, competing for the title of Miss North Carolina’s Outstanding Teen NEXT week!!
When asked about her experience with the program so far, here’s what Delaney had to say…
- What appeals to her about Jen’s work/style… “EVERYTHING I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH, and your care and individuality for each costumer!! “
- Favorite part of our session… “Meeting so many new girls that were in a completely different area really expanded my comfort zone. All of the girls were beyond beautiful and I felt so honored to meet all of them. Seeing each girl so happy to be all dressed up was so sweet and I LOVED every second of it. I am so glad each of them felt as truly beautiful as I and everyone else saw them as”
- Favorite part of working with Jen & team… “Not only is she incredibly talented but she puts so much personal effort in everything she does. She goes above and beyond than what is expected of her. Her talent stands on her own but not only that – her business and love for each person she works with is beyond humbling and amazing. “
- Why her peers should come to Jen for their portraits… “SHE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND ALL OF YOUR EXPECTATIONS. She allows you to see how truly beautiful you are. She will make all of your photo shoot dreams come true.”
- What she’s most looking forward to with her upcoming 1:1 session… “EVERYTHING, from makeup and hair to the photo shoot itself and especially seeing sweet Jen and maybe Lizzy 😉 !!”
Fun & Fab Scoop on Delaney’s FAV things:
- Favorite Quotes… “A bend in the road is not the end of the road.. unless you fail to make the turn” – Helen Keller
- Color… Blue. blue and blue
- Time of Day… Sunset
- Music… R & B
- Songs… Hopeless; Young, Dumb and Broke; Angels – ALL by khalid
- Musical Artists/Groups… KHALID
- TV Shows… Keeping Up With The Kardashians
- Movies… All of the ‘Bring it on‘ movies
- Plays… Anastasia and School of Rock
- Sports… Soccer, Dance and Water Sports (i.e. Wakeboarding, Kneeboarding)
- Places to Shop… Nella Boutique in Asheboro & Urban Outfitters
- Food… BB&Q (specifically pulled pork)
- Restaurants… P.F. Changs, Steak n Shake, Bia’s Gourmet Hardware, The Pit
- Hang Out Spot… Anywhere with friends
- Thing to Do with Friends… Ride around in the car. listening to our favorite songs and singing and laughing at the top of our lungs.
- Location… Cherry Grove and Patillas, Puerto Rico
- Vacation… “It was not a vacation but a mission trip to Puerto Rico that humbled me beyond belief. Being able to go to a remote area of Puerto Rico and seeing the impoverished land shocked me. It was absolutely beautiful as landscapes goes. as well as the wonderful people there. I went to serve these people but the served as beyond belief. I loved every second of it and cannot wait to go back this summer and see my Puerto Rican family.”
- Dream Destination… Italy – Eating every piece of Italian cuisine possible, sailing on the ocean, Italian shopping and taking wonderful pictures. I DREAM OF GOING HERE!!!
Delaney’s future aspirations include attending University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill to study pre-med, followed by Grad School. During her grad school time she would like to spend a year studying in different hospitals across the world, as being educated everywhere & learning to respect different cultures is something she finds so very important. In the end, she will earn a doctorate in Orthopedic Surgery, working with kids suffering from childhood illness amputations and ideally working in a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital! I have no doubt that every bit of this is not just aspirations but pieces of her future that personally, I can’t wait to follow along & cheer on as she accomplishes each powerfully!
Delaney also wanted to share… “This is my second time working with Jen and not only did she do amazing but she has progressed so much from the previous time I worked with her. I love Jen Mink and working with her is a must!”. To say that Delaney is someone that I adore would be a bit of an understatement. She and her mom have become very treasured forever friends who I love dearly! I’m so pleased & proud to have her by my side and look forward to sharing more & more of her with you as we look forward to her 1:1 Fab Grad VIP Session in August (and already being dreamed up – mother/daughterS session next year with her mom & sis! Maybe we’ll even talk Dad into hopping in a couple images too?! I hope so :)). For now… looking forward to cheering her on at Miss North Carolina’s Outstanding Teen (get your tix HERE &/or watch the Miss Finals, including Teen production number on ABC11 Saturday, June 23rd at 8pm).
If you see Delaney at school or around town, don’t miss the opportunity to take a moment to chat with her… your day will be all the brighter for it! Feel free to reach out to her or myself if interested in getting your own Fab Grad (Senior) Portrait Session booked! She even has 10% discount off your commission fee to share… BONUS!! 😀