It’s time for final amazing Class of 2019 Spokesmodel spotlight… Sophie (Sophia), from Leesville Road High School here in Raleigh!
I spotted Sophie at Karate International of West Raleigh, where my family would train and she was one of the instructors. I’d never seen her in any way other than raw work-out mode, and I just knew she was one of my girls! Something about her just caught my attention in a bold kinda way and I couldn’t forget her over these couple of years. When this year’s Spokesmodel applications were open, I knew I had to track her/her mom down and reach out to see if she’d be interested! As luck would have it, they were already aware of the program from our mutual friend Melissa (remember our fabulous self-defense class for the Class of 2017 FGSMs?!). I was so, so, SO excited that she was interested and very pleased to add her to the group!
Sophie describes herself as diligent, persistent and witty with a personality that is the 1st thing people notice about her! She has a comfortable style, with friendships that are very closely-knit. Sophie was the piece that completed us this year and it’s truly been really nice to have her in our group of girls… such an addition to our time together and a great fit with my other girls! I’ve quite enjoyed seeing them be silly together and bond for what I hope is forever!
As mentioned above, Sophie trains in Karate and is understandably most proud of earning her black belt! She did this and had the opportunity to teach karate to younger children… all before the age of 16!! She also plays the French Horn and is a member of her school’s marching band, considered the top band in the state. Beyond these, she also enjoys drawing, driving, cooking and horses. Such a fantastically well rounded gal!
When asked about her experience with the program so far, here’s what Sophie had to say…
- What appeals to her about Jen’s work/style… “The color schemes and how personalities come out in the pictures”
- Favorite part of our session was… “Sitting and getting to interact with your staff and the other girls, it made me so much less nervous to be taking pictures”
- Favorite part of working with Jen & team… “How everyone was having fun because it really was just a blast”
- Why her peers should come to Jen for their portraits… “It’s such a fun experience, they cater to you and you feel so comfortable and pretty when you’re taking them”
Fun & Fab Scoop on Sophie’s FAV things:
- Favorite Quotes… “I’m not superstitious, but I am a little-stitous” – Micheal Scott, “Don’t complain about having a full plate when you signed up to eat well” – Twitter
- Colors… Gold & Red
- Time of Day… Dawn
- Music… Pretty much everything but more towards rock
- Songs… “Tiny glowing screens part three” by Watsky, “High Hopes” by Panic! at the Disco, “You can Call me Al” by Paul Simon
- Musical Artists/Groups… Fall Out Boy, Dua Lipa, The Beatles, Fleetwood Mac, Panic! At the Disco
- TV Shows… The Office, Parks and Rec, RuPauls Drag Race
- Movie… Pulp Fiction
- Plays… Heathers, Wicked, Les Mis
- Sports… Karate, Football, Hockey
- Shops… Vans, Target & Rue 21
- Food… Macaroni & Cheese and Grilled Cheese
- Restaurant… Gonza’s Tacos and Tequila
- Hang Out Spot… Anywhere with my friends
- Thing to Do with Friends… Just talk and listen, I like to get to know people and hear about what they like to do and their stories
- Locations… Bay Lake Florida, Teton National Park
Sophie’s future aspirations include attending college, with the exact direction to be determined and some time in the military a strong possibility to start off with. In addition to that, her dream destination is Europe, including getting to see all the major monuments & buildings, walking through history and experiencing the culture. Sounds dreamy!!
It’s been a pleasure to have Sophie and her mom along on this year’s journey with us. I truly adore Sophie, respect her fierce karate girl strength and enjoy her fun smile that has been SO much fun in both sessions we’ve had so far! I’m excited to get to share these images with you and even more so, to share her next blog with you from her Fab Grad VIP session that we’ve already had – you’ll definitely wan to stay tuned for that! Sophie will even be one of our new guest bloggers telling about her experience in her own words!!
If you see Sophie at school or around town, don’t miss the opportunity to take a moment to chat with her… you’ll be so glad you did! Feel free to reach out to her or myself if interested in getting your own Fab Grad (Senior) Portrait Session booked! She even has 10% discount off your commission fee to share… BONUS!! 😀
Special Thanks & Credits…
Hair & Make-up: Deidre Mattingly / Make up & More . by Deidre Mattingly
Locations: The Jen Mink Photography Studio, Raleigh
Additional Thanks: Ashley Keefe & Meredith Glover